Thursday, December 21, 2006

Neon Chicken and Rubber Duck 3rd draft script part ten

Pt. 10 D.I.V.O.R.C.E with Paul McCartney

Dedicated to Cupid and Venus

1. What? Oh it’s you again. I’m not in the mood
2. NO WORDS
3. My hens have thrown me out of the roost (For the best part of thirty years we have been conducting a vast experiment with the family, and now the results are in: the decline of the two-parent, married-couple family has resulted in poverty, ill-health, educational failure, unhappiness, anti-social behaviour, isolation and social exclusion for thousands of women, men and children)
4. NO WORDS
5. Ungrateful hussies…

6. after all I’ve done for them (No more lonely nights No more lonely nights You my guiding light Day or night I'm always there May I never miss the thrill of being near you)
7. I’ll get back in, don’t you worry (When You Were Young And Your Heart Was An Open Book You Used To Say Live And Let Live)
8. They’ll soon wake up (Roll up, roll up for the mystery tou Roll up, roll up for the mystery tour Roll up (And that's an invitation), roll up for the mystery tour Roll up (To make a reservation), roll up for the mystery tour The magical mystery tour is waiting to take you away Waiting to take you away)
9. Rubber Duck thinks: Oh my God! Where’s this going? He’s washing his dirty feathers in public
10. NO WORDS

11. NO WORDS
12. Arghh! (Divorce rates for men and women under 40 have fallen most steeply: by 13 per cent and 12 per cent respectively in 2005. For men aged under 40 the divorce rate of 24.9 divorcing men per 1,000 married men aged 16 to 39 is the lowest since 1988. Not since 1990 has the divorce rate for women aged under 40 been at this level: 24.7 divorcing women per 1,000 married women aged 16 to 39 in 2005)
13. NO WORDS
14. Narrator: Chicken starts to cry
15. Narrator: Chicken sobs uncontrollably

16. Rubber Ducks speaks: It’s time to start a new life, you’ll be fine on your own, new perch and everything
17. Chicken stops sobbing – You think so?
18. I guess people have had enough of silly love songs…
19. chicks better watch out
20. Here I come…


Story punctuated by references to Paul McCartney Copyrighted song lyrics. This story represents a turning point in the ‘rant’ ending with the Neon chicken being more reflective than ever before. This story wrote itself and moves away from my original intentions.

No comments: